TC Young is looking to recruit an experienced solicitor for a vacancy in their Glasgow office. The role within the firm’s Private Client department will involve a variety of work including: Executries, Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney and general IHT planning advice.
This is a full-time vacancy (35 hours per week) and is expected to be office based – although the firm are open to a degree of flexible working.
The successful candidate must:
- Have at least 18 months core private client experience and be keen to specialise in this area
- Be confident dealing with their own case load
- Be able to work under pressure and prioritise and manage their own files effectively
- Be able to meet client deadlines (with minimal supervision) – maximising IT
- Have excellent communication skills to be able to pro-actively build solid relationships with colleagues and clients; in person and remotely.
- Be enthusiastic with a desire to get actively involved in the firm’s marketing efforts
Ideally the candidate will:
- Be up to 3 years PQE
- Have a good working knowledge of the preparation of Wills, Inheritance tax law, the set up and administration of Trusts and Executries and HMRC compliance requirements
- Have STEP membership or be working towards membership
Reliable with high attention to detail, this role will involve extensive client contact. Strong communication skills are therefore essential, with the ability to quickly understand a client’s requirements and tailor advice accordingly.
A working knowledge of LawWare will also be advantageous; but full training and support will be provided, if required, to the right candidate.
IiP (silver) accredited, the firm feel it is mutually beneficial that people enjoy their job and work hard to ensure they do. In return, we offer: a friendly working environment, structured training, a commitment to a good work-life balance, 33 days holiday, a flexible holiday scheme and a generous pension.
Interested candidates should send their CV (no more than 2 pages), along with a covering email outlining salary expectations to Please note no closing date has been set, and candidates are encouraged to submit an early application as the advert may be withdrawn at any time.
Date posted April 2021 – no agencies initially please