- Contact Me:
- Job Title: Solicitor
- Telephone: 0131 220 7665
- Services: Court of Session Agents, Debt Recovery, Tenancy Advice, Tenant Evictions
Neil Matheson is a Solicitor who joined TC Young in May 2015 as a trainee and qualified in May 2017. Since joining the firm, he has worked exclusively within the court department, specialising in the recovery of possession and recovery of debt actions for clients. Prior to commencing his traineeship, Neil gained practical experience in this area of law working for the Citizens’ Advice Bureau specialist services defending recovery of possession actions.
Neil advises clients on a daily basis on a range of issues including:
- rent arrears eviction actions and anti-social behaviour eviction actions
- pre-litigation issues including advice on notices of proceedings
- debt recovery
- anti-social behaviour orders (ASBOs)
- re-drafting of RSL policy to comply with current legislation
He also represents and advises clients in relation to First-tier Tribunal (formerly referred to as the Homeowner Housing Panel) on factoring issues.
Neil has appeared in a number of Sheriff Courts across Scotland in both procedural and full evidential hearings and provides assistance to senior members of the team.